Wednesday 24 August 2011

Another Appeal to Dear Anna

Respected Annasaheb,

I have been a great admirer of your work for over twenty years. Last night, I was greatly pained to see you on TV. You do not look well. We the citizens of India are worried about your health.

You and your team have rendered yeomen service by bringing the corruption issue to public consciousness. I believe, it is now very difficult if not impossible for the government to ignore public anger. I am sure the Hon. PM will address all our concerns without standing on procedures and formalities.

Former Chief Justice of India Shri JS Verma has written an open letter to Hon. PM urging him to break the impasse. Many other eminent and well meaning citizens of India also feel concerned about your health.

In view of the above and the grand success of the movement, I request you to please discontinue your fast. I am sure millions of Indians want you to remain fighting fit to lead them in this noble endeavour. We do not want you to take ill. With warm regards, affectionately, Ramesh Phadke

No comments: